Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I DID IT AND I'M ALIVE!


Ashlee and I were the first ones out of our group to arrive. We were pretty excited and nervous!
Me, Jenni, Ashlee, and Shannon, checking out the water pre-race.
Ashlee, and our swim coach Kirsten. She also participated in the triathlon and did awesome. I owe a lot to her for making me the amazing swimmer that I am today.
Just a bunch of Baywatch Babes getting ready to swim in the great Salem Pond.
These goggles may look funny but they were the best thing on earth, I could see everything.
This is when the nerves were really starting to hit. Now I understand why Cassidy didn't ever want to talk to me right before his race!
The swim part of the race went great I swam it in sixteen minutes, which was way faster then I thought I could do it in.
I think I was checking to see if I was still alive!
The bike part didn't go as I wanted it to. I got extremely bad allergies the whole time. It was hard to push it when I was sneezing every two seconds. I finished this part in forty seven minutes! Way to slow.
It was a weird transition to go from bike to run, it took a few minutes to get used to.
It felt so good to see the finish line and my friends and family cheering me on!
I ran the three miles in twenty seven minutes.
I finished the race in one hour and forty one minutes. Pretty good for my first one.


I has so much fun, especially doing it with my best friends. We started training for this in January. There were a few times we wanted to just give up but we stuck with it and it paid off. I was hoping I had Michael Phelps body in the end but that's ok. Cassidy helped us so much getting our bikes ready for the race. He also came with me a few weeks earlier and practiced the bike route with me. I felt bad the week of the race, I was so stressed out about it I probably wasn't on my best behavior with him. Sorry Cass!!! Both my family and Cassidy's family came to support and cheer me on. It was so fun to have everyone there. I think we might do another one at the end of August.

3 comments:

Elisa said...

I am SO PROUD of all of you!!! Good Job! I've been waiting to hear how it went so I'm glad you blogged about it. You guys are awesome! This is something I really want to do someday. Perhaps when the kiddos are a tad older. Right now I'm just doing the biking part and love it. But I have to say, biking with allergies sucks big time! Good job again!

JaMie HeApS said...

nic you are a whole new women!! im looking at your pics going is this the same girl? you are amazing im so proud of you and im digging the new brazes... foxy!!

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

You are AMAZING!!!!! Way to go Nicole! Seriously so so so proud of you. you look amazing and happy and super strong! :) seriously so happy for you! I am prob the worst swimmer on the planet and would have just sunk to the bottom! CONGRATS!!!