Friday, October 24, 2008

24 Hours of Moab...




The Team: Currie, Herfoss, Anderson, Fillmore...
The 24 hours of moab is REALLY HARD!!! We all hit at a point where we didn't know if we were going to finish. The race forces you to suffer, especially when things go bad. Troy had his lights go out at three in the morning with 9 miles left in his lap, Fillmore broke a chain, and I had my seatpost snap off at the frame which made me forced me to ride back standing up the whole time... 24 hours of Moab makes you say "why am I doing this" " I can't wait for this to be over" which I said several times. I just kept thinking how good a cheeseburger, fries and a coke would be once I finished. We finished 20th out of 350 teams, not too bad for some rookies... Over time you forget the pain and you say "I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR"

The start at moab is a quarter mile run to your bike, I started out as fast as I could thats me in the white and blue in third place. What the picture doesnt show is once I got to my bike I got passed by 60 people on the first straight away because I was too tired!!!


Cassidy after his last lap!

Funny things our team said at one point: ( I can't go back out my butt is bleeding) (I can't eat) (I've gone poo like 50 times)

This sand section looks easier than it was!

This is Troy Herfoss after his first lap in the night. He came into the motorhome white as a ghost, freezing cold and all he said was "give me food."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"i can't go back out my butt is bleeding" hahaha that is SO funny. And i would like to know who pooed 50 times ha...and how when your on a bike :)

Ellery said...

i am bugged we didnt know about it sooner and go! we heard about it like the night before. i can not believe you rode with your seat gone!! we will definatly be there if you forget the pain and decide to go back next year.
that sucks you had to poo 50 times. no wonder you were bleeding.
haha