Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Miracle Marvin.............

(At the vet)



Don't jump to conclusions just yet, he still has cancer

But............

When Dr. Tansey walked in and saw Marvin I will never forget her reaction

Her jaw fell to the floor and she said oh my gosh its a miracle

His Tumor is almost nothing now!

She asked me if we were freaking out

I said yes but we didn't really know what was normal and we didn't want to get too excited

She said um no this is not normal this is a miracle

A miracle to me is if he didn't have Cancer at all anymore but we will take what we can get

She said this changes the whole ballgame and we went over options for him:

1-Radiation and then after treatments they would maybe be able to surgically remove some or maybe all of the Tumor

2-Low dose of Chemotherapy just to prolong his life longer

3-A drug called Masitinib that is still on the FDA list to get approved but doctors have seen amazing results with it and dogs with Cancer

4-Keep giving him the anti-inflammatory that he is on. Keep feeding him an organic diet and spoil him until the Cancer spreads

It was a lot to think about

It was fun to see Dr. Tansey just staring at Marvin in disbelief

She said she has never ever the whole time she has been an Oncologist seen a Tumor go from how big Marvin's was when we brought him in three weeks ago to it practically almost non existent without doing Chemotherapy or Radiation treatments

She said she really thought when she saw us last that Marvin probably had only 6-8 weeks left

Wow

She did check him though and confirmed that the Tumor was still there

She thinks that maybe what had happened was that the Tumor and Cancer started to attack Marvin's body and that it had got so inflamed. With the anti-inflammatory, organic diet, and lots of love and prayers it went back to it's normal size

So of course I was sold on the Radiation option but waited until Cassidy got home from work so we could go over our options and opinions

After a long discussion last night and remembering what people had told us when they had put their pets through Radiation and Chemotherapy we decided we are going to continue with the anti-inflammatory, organic diet, a few other holistic products that Dr. Tansey told us about and lots of love

We don't want Marvin to go through any side effects that would make him sick or uncomfortable

Marvin is stronger than ever right now and we want him to continue to enjoy life

Thank you again to everyone for their support and love for Marvin!

New name: Miracle Marvin

On a side note while walking out of the vet there was a second that I stopped and thought did I make any special promises in desperation to anyone above or below that I should be concerned about :)


5 comments:

Jamie said...

We are happy that miracle marvin is doing better. It was good to see and spend time with him.

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

That is the best news ever!! YAY!!! im so happy for you guys. Its so great what a lot of love can do :)

stacie lewis said...

Yes you promised me a round trip ticket to your house if Marvin's tumor goes down....

hayleyrowan said...

I'm so glad to hear that. I still can't believe you all are going through this. It's great news though, sounds like he's a little fighter!

hayleyrowan said...

I'm so glad to hear that. I still can't believe you all are going through this. It's great news though, sounds like he's a little fighter!