So it's official
I am a Californian
I was at the DMV for two hours (and that was with an appointment!)
I had to take a written test
I did not study and you could only miss six or you had to retake it
I missed exactly six!!
So in Cali DMV they don't let you pick your picture like Utah does
So maybe when the lady told me to look up I wasn't positive where to look
Or maybe when she told me to sign here I had no idea it was going to be my signature on my DL (below my picture)
Also now I wonder if my head and face is really that big!
I might have shed a small tear and had a small freak out when I got this in the mail knowing this was my DL until I'm 36!
Oh well it's a good laugh every three weeks when I have to bring it out to fly!

My last trip home to Utah I was able to leave work early and got to see my niece Indi perform
Also my sister in-law Maddy sang back up vocals
I'm so proud of Indi to have the courage to get up and play guitar and sing in front of people
She is very talented

I also was able to see my newest nephew Jett
This little guy makes me baby hungry
He kicks and is always moving
He is such a happy baby
Carly (my sis in-law is so good to send us pictures and videos)
So lets just talk about my bucket list
I have been checking off a lot of stuff lately
To meet Damone Roberts (Eyebrow king of Beverly Hills and New York) was like number 3 on the list
Not to only meet him but to take a class from him and learn his techniques!
That was pretty cool
So lets just talk about the Elephant in the room
Yes mine and Damones tummies are touching!!!
The class was in a hotel conference room so the lighting was bad, plus I'm not photogenic, not the best side of me and believe me I would have sucked that in if I would have had another chance to take the picture again!!
So no I'm not prego, if I gain weight this is exactly where it goes!
The class was so good and educational
He admitted he was not going to another class again so I felt very lucky to be able to attend and meet him
Check it off the list :)
The next thing on my list is to go to the Dominican Republic this fall with Cassidy
Crossing my fingers!

After staring at the picture above for a really long time I decided then and there my diet needed to change again and my commitment to really giving it my all with Trainer Jeff needed to be upgraded!
So I showed the picture to Trainer Jeff
First he thought Damone was a woman, the second thing he noticed was our stomachs
After he stopped laughing for a really long time we had a heart to heart about my diet and training program
So I have been writing everything down that I eat and he reads it out loud to me the end of the week
It's the only way I can push myself to make the right choices about food
He also incorporated boxing into my workouts here and there
I love boxing!
Talk about stress reliever
I asked him if I could bring a couple of pics to tape onto the bag :)
Below is a little battle wound from boxing that I was pretty proud of!
Hopefully that fun little kangaroo pouch I have going on that is a stomach will disappear

This past weekend I was able to attend the Esthetician Convention in Las Vegas with my friend Katy
I love going to this convention for a good refresher and rejuvenation for work
We had so much fun
Katy is also a Esthetician
She is amazing at makeup and since I have no idea how to apply it she did mine for me one night
Who knew I could actually take a normal picture!
It was nice to take some really good skin and waxing classes
Also we got to be introduced to the newest products and techniques
I missed having my other friends and girls from work there!
Hopefully they will be able to attend next year
Usually I love playing Video Poker when I'm in Vegas but Katy introduced me to one cent slots
I am officially addicted to the slot game Cavalier
You would have thought we had hit the jackpot when we would win ten dollars!

And even one night I wore heels!!
I only own one pair :)
Only in Vegas!

And of course I found the one dog in Vegas
I was in HEAVEN!
He is trained to put his paw on your shoulder to pose for the picture
That's why I am a little shocked in the picture!


(Marv loves a good face scratch)
I missed Marv's 8th birthday while I was in Utah :(
But Cassidy took him to the Dog Beach and spoiled him rotten
When I got back into town I took Marvin to the "Dog Whisperer teeth cleaner"
Since Marvin has cancer I am a little weary about having him doing any anesthetic procedures
I found this guy in Newport off the Internet that swore he could clean your dogs teeth without anesthetic
I was pretty sceptic since Marv wont even let me open his mouth to look inside
But he totally let this guy do it and he had a fractured tooth that needed to be pulled and he did awesome
So unfortunately Marvin's Tumor is growing rapidly
It's about the size of a baseball now
But he seems like it's not bothering him or that he's in pain
When I come back from Utah I think I am going to take him in to get checked again
This Sunday I head back to Utah for only 6 days of work
It's going to be crazy busy but it will be worth it because I get to come back to Cali and be home for THREE full weeks in July!!!
Enjoy the rest of June!
3 comments:
Yay for summer! You must go to the Dominican Republic in the fall.
Nicole you are hilarious! I'm glad you had fun in vegas! You looked gorgeous!
You two look more like sisters than we do! (And no I'm not talking about Damone;)
Post a Comment