Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Cassidy!

By the time I post this it will be Cassidy's birthday. He turned the big 30! I feel really bad that I'm not there to celebrate it with him so I decided to write 30 things I love about him to make up for it.

1. His laugh. I will never forget when Jessica Hayward told me when I first met Cassidy that I would fall in love with his laugh and I did. It's pretty funny!
2. How he makes me laugh all the time
3. How determined he gets when he wants to achieve something or be really good at something.
4. His candy addiction. How many times I have caught him eating candy when he was not supposed to.
5. When he make me say the word milk ten times in a row until I say it right
6. When I turn around to introduce him to someone and he has disappeared.
7. How he loves Marvin just as much as I do.
8. How he has to punk me once in awhile.
9. When he is telling me how he punked one of his friends. You should see how big his smile gets!
10. How strong he is. I have seen him lift stuff alone that made me nervous, but he does it somehow.
11. I love how handy he is. I never knew until we remodeled our condo.
12. How cute he is with his nieces.
13. How he thinks my thumb looks like a finger and he loves to play name that finger to new people.
14. His dimple on his chin.
15. When he hides and scares me. Sometimes it works!
16. How anytime I get any new product he uses it. Like hair stuff, face product, my new tweezers!
17. I love that he is a pretty good landscaper thanks to an old job of his.
18. How I think he's not listening and I say "repeat everything I just said" and he does.
19. It never fails I always trip over his shoes. At first I used to get mad but now it make me laugh!
20. I love that he wanted to get married in a Troy Lee Designs t-shirt and his Red Bull hat so bad and he did.
21. He can sell something like no other. Cassidy can sell you your own shirt and make it sound better than it ever was.
22. That we are best friends. My favorite is when my friends say you can't tell anybody but then they always say "Nicole you can tell Cassidy" because they know I always do.
23. I love when Cassidy gets what he thinks is a good idea at the moment. He thinks it's the best idea in the world and then he changes his mind five minutes later and is onto the next idea.
24. That he is a klepto (spell?). I will never forget when he pulled out a carton of orange juice and a bag of spinach from his coat that he had stolen from his parents house and was so proud. Watch your stuff when he is around.
25. How he won't share his fries anymore with me and orders me some even though I say that I don't want any!
26. I love that one day we discovered that we both ordered the most expensive thing off the menu when we were little when we would go out to eat with our families. The bad thing is that we still like to order the most expensive thing but it comes out of our account!
27. How he will send me a picture to my phone if he ever sees a dog he thinks I would think is cute.
28. How he makes me happy.
29. We sometimes say the same thing at the same time or be thinking the same thing at the same time. That's my favorite!
30. That he turns thirty before me!!!!

Love you Cassidy. Happy Birthday! I love getting old with you.

6 comments:

stacie lewis said...

I loved reading this!

Ellery said...

I am all teary. That was so cute Nicole. I have a wonderful, hilarious, kind brother. You two are definitely soul mates. :)
Happy Birthday Cass
Wish you were here.

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

Nicole that was really cute!! you two seem so perfect for each other and im so glad you married your best friend!! Im sorry you didn't get to be with him for his birthday!! ps i will be calling for an appointment if you aren't all booked up!! :)

jerry said...

I can't believe you did that. I turn 58 next year and I think I will have Shannon do that as well. But I think it will have to be 58 things I do that irritate her. She could easily do that.

sillyhaywardfamily said...

happy birthday cassidy!! And yes you really do have the best laugh!!!! You cant help but laugh hard when you are laughing!!!

jamie heaps said...

you guys sound perfect together. happy brithday cas, hope nicole dose it all up for the big 30