Friday, September 10, 2010

It's going to be how long?


People always ask me: "What do you do all day, everyday while you are in California"?

I usually have the same answer: "I don't have specifics but I know that I'm not bored and the end of the day comes fast".

Usually there's always a good story that happens to me

Random conversations

Random people

Getting lost daily

Waiting 4 hours at Big O Tires!!!!!!

Yep, you read that right I was at Big O for 4 hours

Here is a little sneak peek what my days are like:




Driving back from Lake Powell, Cass and I discovered that it was time for the old Maxx to get new brakes

I bought Maxx brand new in 2005 and never changed the brakes till now

There are a few things I despise doing, and one of them is doing anything that involves a car and dealing with Mechanics

They can sniff a girl coming into their work place miles away

With our typical "deer in the headlights" look

I would rather go to the gyno, it's that bad

So I walk in acting like I know what I'm talking about. I tell them I need an oil change, but only the $30 one. No, I don't need the really expensive oil change, no I don't need a new battery, no I don't need a need air filter, no I don't need an air freshener for $10!

Am I right ladies? This is how it is every time I go!

I also told him I would like the FREE brake inspection

Of course I had Marvin with me because he goes everywhere with me, duh.

I'm thinking it would take maybe and hour, hour and a half to get everything done

After one magazine, two dog treats for Marvin from a crazy European dog lover lady, and a hour and a half later they finally over with an estimate for my brakes

Deep Breath

$550, and he kept saying "That's a deal"! "You need the blah,blah,blah done and see how your blah, blah blah is doing that so you really need to add blah blah blah too! Ok? She would start now?

I was smart this time. I asked them if they could explain to my husband over the phone exactly what Maxx needed and why it was going to cost that much

After Cassidy gave them the OK, I hear the guy say "Yes we are going to do it right now and it should only take 2-3 hours

My jaw dropped

What am I going to do for 3 hours?

So I looked around to see what my options were

And what did I see?

Dog Spaw

Perfect!



So I walked over and dropped Marvin off for a Aromatherapy Bath treatment and a Pawdicure

Only in California



I walked down a little further and came across this cafe

It's an all "Health food" cafe

Sign me up

One of my dream jobs, other than being an Eyebrow Guru, is being a food journalist

Traveling everywhere trying new places to eat and writing about what I thought, with my father in-law Jerry to fix my grammar of course!

So every time I go anywhere new I like to think what I would write about it

Pathetic, I know



So I decided to get the Ciabatta Scrambler

It had scrambled organic eggs, cheddar cheese, greens, smoky fennel black beans, toasted coriander galangal mustard, and I added avocado

It came with a side of Avanti tater fries that are thinly sliced potatoes and sweet potatoes that were spice rubbed and baked to perfection

I was sitting outside eating this and an older gentleman walked by and told me I looked very European eating outside of a cafe

Ok, thanks for that sir

The food was amazing. I would have wrote that it was healthy, colorful, and very flavorful.

I love new places to eat


I picked up Marvin from the Spa and he was a very very happy dog and was really white

Spoiled rotten


Then of course he went straight to the black mat at Big O and took a nap

Got a little dirty


We had to wait about another hour after that

Marvin was so patient and was keeping all the customers company

Finally 4 hrs and almost $600 later we were on our way home

Maxx brakes so much better

Marvin and I were exhausted

This is just one of the many things I do while in California

Me and all the other retired people

Everywhere I go it's always me and a bunch of retired people

They always look at me like "don't you have a job"?

Ha!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Isn't it fun to have days off. I hope you get to relax some of the time.

jamie heaps said...

and thats why i refuse to do the car crap.. blah blah blah is all i ever hear and i swear there always ripping me off. im just glad you got some tasty food and quality dog time out of it.

jerry said...

You got screwed on the brake job. Drive to Utah and have Mark Douglas do it next time.