Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Vegas anniversary, a redeemed Christmas gift and a really expensive diet......

I met up with Cassidy in Vegas on my way home from Utah to celebrate our 3rd year anniversary

We ironically ended up in the same hotel that we stayed in when we eloped there (The Hotel, part of Mandalay Bay)

Also they allow dogs now so that was convenient

I love that hotel and highly recommend it

We met up with some friends our first night

The second night we went to see the Cirque du Soleil show O

(Thank you for the recommendation Paige)

We loved it! I highly recommend that show too!!

My car was another story

I just had my windshield crack fixed a couple days before I headed out to Vegas

And then five minutes before getting to Vegas I got a rock chip

Seriously!!!!


As we were grabbing our car from Valet to head home they kindly informed us that we had a flat tire

I had a nail in my tire

Good time for Cass to show me how to change a tire

I'm thankful he's handy

So we spent a few hours finding a tire store on our way back to Cali

Oh and Cassidy's flight got canceled and had to take a later one on his way to Vegas

I'm considering all of these things that had happened good luck for our marriage

The more bad things that happen on your anniversary the longer your marriage will last

Right?



For Christmas I gave Cass Jazz vs Laker tickets

At the time the Jazz were doing well

They aren't doing so well right now

So the game was a blowout!!!

It was fun to see all the Laker players and all the celebrities though!!!



Famous Laker girls




While we were in Vegas Cassidy told me that he had made a bet with a guy at his work that they were both going on the Paleo diet for thirty days and the first one to cheat owes the other $1,000

The diet started last Monday

The first few days Cassidy was pretty grouchy

Going from his diet of Red Bull, Cokes, and candy to the Paleo is pretty extreme

He's feeling a little better and has already lost 4 pounds

So he started the diet on a Monday and the Laker game was on Tuesday

He was a little bitter about not being able to enjoy the junk food that you get at those games

Before the game we went for sushi

He ordered the Halibut and this is what came out

I was laughing but Cass did not think it was funny

Just watching him eating it was funny

If I refer back to when I was on the Paleo diet and Cassidy ordered a BBQ chicken pizza and ate the whole thing in front of me

Karma :)

I will keep you updated if they make it to 30 days!!!

Tomorrow is Marvins doctor appt

Wish us luck that maybe it's a miracle and he doesn't have cancer or that they think he's got more time than they thought!!!!

I will post on what they say!!!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Sounds like a fantastic trip! At least some really great things to laugh at some day right?! :) Good luck with Marvin, he is the super miracle dog after all :)