Whoa where did January go?
Usually January drags on for me but not this time
I flew back home to Cali after my work week in Utah the day of our 4 year wedding anniversary
But I had to take a cab home from the airport
Poor Cass had the 24 hour flu bug and couldn't move :(
So our anniversary celebration consisted of watching TV (very far apart from each other), Sprite, Gatorade, chicken broth and a lot of sprints to the bathroom (poor Cass)
Hopefully number 5 will be better :)
Then the next day Marvin started not feeling good
The lower half of his body swelled up really big
He wouldn't move and he was not acting like his normal self
I was sure that this was it for him
The time had come
(He would only drink water out of a syringe)
NOPE!
A few days later he started feeling better and better and the swelling went away
Miracle Marvin did it again
Dr. T just scratched her head and laughed
As you can see he's back to enjoying what life has to offer
This week his new trick is burying his toy everyday in the dirt and then he unburied it and brings it inside
If this dog is not preparing me for children I don't know what else will
Am I the only that decorates for Valentines day?
Because Cassidy thinks I am
I felt like I kept it to a dull roar :)
He keeps making fun of my big bowl of red hots but I like it!
So if Cassidy picks up any new hobbies you better believe that:
1: You (friend, family member and sometimes strangers) will receive a phone call, picture or text about his new hobby
2: That he will go to the extreme
3: He usually has to have friends, family member or me involved with the new hobby
4: There has to be money involved (usually him spending it or making it)
5: I have to act interested or he gets feisty :)
So Cassidy's new hobby is buying storage units at auctions and hoping he will find "treasures" that he will make money off
He started watching Storage Wars on TV ( a must to watch if you haven't already been)
That's where he came up with his new hobby
One day I joined him at one (didn't really actually have a choice)
And I was hooked
It's like Christmas day in a storage unit
When you open a box or unwrap something you have no idea what you are going to find
In the picture below is a few of the "treasures" we found
I won't bore you with the whole story but come to find out the owner of the unit had passed away in 1984 and his stuff in the unit had not been touched since then!!!
So I started looking at all the memorabilia (his baby book, old newspaper articles about him, documents etc) and decided I wanted to find a family member of his asap to send his personal stuff to
Long story short I finally found a living family member after hours and days of research online
It was so cool to learn about this person and his family history
And to learn a lot of interesting history with the "treasures" we found
Stay tuned to see how long this hobby will last and what his new hobby will be :)
If you watch Storage Wars then this guy will look familiar
It's Barry from the show
We were at Supercross in Anaheim and in walked Barry!
Cassidy was so excited (I will admit he's my favorite and I was dying inside but kept my cool)
I am off to Utah Sunday to do my work week!
Hope you have a wonderful Valentines day!












No comments:
Post a Comment