Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Over the mountains and through the snow.....

It's that time again. I'm heading back to Utah on Sunday for work and Thanksgiving. I'm so excited. It's going to be another busy, crazy two weeks again but I love it. This time I am driving the old Malibu Maxx with my friend Shannon and her husband Monte and of course Marvin. Here are some things I am looking forward to going back home:

Sunday night when I get there we are celebrating my dad's birthday. I think he is going to like what Cassidy and I got him. (Sorry dad it was the only picture I had) :)
Monday night I'm going to my old stomping grounds, Chuck E Cheese's. That's right when I was nineteen I worked there and was Chuck E himself sometimes. Good times! (My sweet father in-law Jerry loves to introduce me to people telling them this). My friend Jenni is having her sons birthday there. Maybe they will let me be Chuck who knows.

I can't wait for Marvin to see and play with all of his cousins again.
I am going to attempt to run the Turkey Trot Thanksgiving Morning again. It's four miles and hopefully the weather is good. I'm not used to anything under sixty five degrees! J/K
I love Thanksgiving. This year we are able to spend time with both families. I can't wait I'm making room right now.
I have been dying to see this. Hopefully my family will be able to get together the day after Thanksgiving and go see this.
So I have never been one to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving, but I do pick up one thing that day. The Costco cookbook is one of my favorites. If you go there that day you get a free cookbook and there are some fabulous recipes in there.
Lots of Birthdays this month. My brother in-law Greg is Nov. 2oth and my other brother in-law Chris is Nov. 26th. Happy Birthday Boys!

Cassidy is going to fly out for Thanksgiving and then drive back home with me. He is looking forward to Mountain biking if the weather permits.

6 comments:

stacie lewis said...

um chris' bday is actually the 26th....I won't tell him.

Tim and Brittney said...

Nicole, stop trying to be like me. Its embarrassing! Haha jk I understand us having so many things in common, great minds think alike! p.s did you make any friends with your cookies? If not thats another thing we have in common.. no friends.. except you get to go home every month and see yours! See you next month!

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

drive so safe!! i can't believe its already getting sooooo close to Thanksgiving! I remember those Chuck E Cheese days, ha ha good times!! soooo many memories came back with that one! im sure they will let you dress up, if you ask nice! Im glad you get to spend some good quality time with the fam! Ill be thinking about you running that race...and ill run it for sure next year, im a little bummed about this year! Have fun!!

brittaniemarie said...

Thanks Nicole! I'm excited to see you next week too! So I think it's hilarious that you dressed Marvin up as a pig, and people made the mistake of thinking he was a girl. Now that I am catching up blogging, you can see why I can empathize! Hope you have a safe trip to Utah. See you in a few!

Ellery said...

YEAAAAHHHH!!!!!

JaMie HeApS said...

you are a brave girl.. im impressed. pack lots of goodies to keep you awake