Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Is there a Walmart in Las Vegas?


YES! That was our craziest night we had while us girls were in Vegas but I will get to that later!


Before we headed out to Vegas I got my hair done.

With just a little miscommunication with my friend Ashlee I turned out with blonde hair. Ashlee and I had a little heart to heart the night before Vegas and decided to take me back to a brunette. It was good to know I defiantly like being a brunette.

So then us girls were off to Vegas for the Hair/Esthetician show. We stopped in St. George to eat at Twenty Five Main Cafe. It was alright not amazing!

Then Shannon and Ashlee decided to demonstrate a different way of playing rock, paper, scissors it's called bear, hunter, princess! This is what we decided to play if we needed to make a decision! We never did use it! :)
Shannon did the bear and Ashlee decided on the princess. Bears eat princesses so Ashlee lost. You have to try it and try not laugh!



We finally arrived at our hotel called South Point

You know when kids have been in the car way to long and then they go crazy because of staying still for that long, ya us girls got a little goofy and all of sudden everybody was doing some kind of trick off the bed! Don't even ask!



That is me taking a picture of the window in our rooms. They would turn into mirrors at night because of the tint on them. Only in Vegas! Then I was ready to go walk the strip, eat at a fun place maybe gamble a little! Nope we went to Walmart to stalk up on some groceries. That was our joke for the rest of the trip! We are wild!

The next two days we went to the show. My overall opinion was that I was a little disappointed in the classes I had chosen to take. I felt like we walked away with nothing that we already didn't know. Oh well maybe next year!

I was getting a Hydrafacial treatment demonstrated on me while some of the girls were asking him questions. I look like I was so interested in what he was saying but I really was excited that I was getting a free Hydrafacial. The facial is like getting microdermabrasion, a chemical peel, extractions and Antioxidants all in one. I loved it and my skin felt and looked amazing after. The machine is expensive but maybe one day we will have it in our salon.

We got a picture with Jan Marini and we were so excited! She is the master mind behind the product line we carry and love at our salon. She sat and talked to us for awhile. She is a really nice, sophisticated lady.

Then we discovered we all own and wore the same sandals that day! Pretty funny!

Dinner at the Grand Luxe Cafe in the Venetian. It was sooo good!


The next night we went to Hard Rock casino to eat and then I talked the girls into playing the game "War" at one of the tables. War is a card game where high card wins so you have a fifty fifty chance of winning money. So I sat down at the table to show them how to play and I lost $60 in five minutes. We were laughing so hard because I got the lowest cards ever!

Then when we got back to our hotel I decided to stick five dollars in a slot machine and I got three sevens in a row and won forty two dollars! Luck came back!

Shannon and Lisa discovered they had the same swimsuit!

We were bored ok! What else do you do while you are at the pool with a bunch of girls?

I had to take a picture of Ashlee's amazing car packing skills.

Our last meal at Nordstrom Cafe until we headed home.

Here a couple of moments that really made the trip:

Grown women turning into 5 yrs old when we got to the hotel room

Me running over a traffic cone and not even seeing it

When a salesperson on the trade show floor asking Megan if she wants a normal to dry or Acne travel size skin kit and fiercely nodding yes when asking her if she wants the Acne one!

Shannon trying a color out on her leg with a airbrush can with tanning solution in it and spraying to close and the sales lady telling her that's not how to do it

Putting a chip in Ashlee's mouth while she was asleep sitting up with her mouth open and then she woke up so confused spitting the chip out of her mouth

All the sales people at the Hydrafacial booth having really bad breath and being close talkers

Shannon and I attending the threading class and looking at each other in disbelief how bad it was


Good Times!

I home in California finally! Today I'm taking a mental health day which I do absolutely nothing and catch up on all my tv shows that are recorded and not even get dressed. I'm home for two weeks and then it's back to Utah for work.


5 comments:

stacie lewis said...

I just love living vicariously through my younger sister....

Jamie said...

Sounds like you had a fun time as always. Enjoy your mental health days.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ellery said...

looks like a blast!!!
i wish i was in cali having a mental health day with you!!!
ps i love that you ran over a cone and didn't know it! :)

coco said...

you are hilarious! i think my favorite is the tricks on/off the hotel bed. i get that same urge but now my kids do the jumping while joe gets mad at them(otherwise i'd get up there too!)