Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day weekend at Hotel Del La Anderson Casa, Pets allowed, Swimsuits optional........



Welcome to Hotel Del La Anderson Casa, where the weather is warm, the food is delicious, and company is always welcomed!



Cassidy was getting Hiro to bond with us before we took him over to our place.


He was a little sad at first but started getting used to us

(Carly, Ellery, me, Cass)

Cassidy's sister Ellery decided last minute to come out to visit her friend Paula, Carly and Griffin, and Cass and I for the weekend. She couldn't have picked a better weekend, the weather was beautiful and we had so much fun. Our apartment complex put on a fun pool party at our main pool where they had a DJ, drinks, food and massages.

(me, Ellery, Carly, and Carly's friend Sarah)

This right here was a good time! We snacked, told stories, laughed, and was very very entertained by all the really drunk people around us. Some of the things we heard were priceless!


Sometimes Marvin would be really nice to Hiro



And sometimes not so much! Marvin has only dog/child syndrome really bad so Hiro wasn't allowed to go near any of his stuff. I always think it would be fun to have two dogs/frenchies until I babysit and then I quickly realize Marvin wouldn't think it would be to fun. Hiro was such a good, nice dog. It was fun to see all the similar characteristics they both had and some different ones.


Sunday we all went to Table Rock beach in Laguna Beach and it was so fun and relaxing. Griffin looks like the Incredible Hulk!


Sunday night we took Hiro home. I think Marvin was sad for a minute but then was loving all the attention he was getting from us again. Hiro followed us to the door when we were leaving his house so I think we did a good babysitting job.


I tried to get some training in for my upcoming Triathlon that's in four days! Cassidy has been a trooper and has ran and biked with me this past weekend. Am I ready? Not sure. Am I going for first, second, third or fiftieth place? No. Am I cringing at the thought that my age will be written on my calf for the event? YES! Everybody reads everybody calf's going by you can't help it! I may or may not make it to the finish line but I know some good memories will be made with my friends!



Ellery's motherly instincts kicked in and rocked Hiro to sleep. If you listen closely you can here him snoring. He slept like that for a good half hour. French Bulldogs have the funniest personalities.


Good time memories:

Not being able to stop staring at the girls mustache glistening in the sun that was about to give Ellery a massage

An awkward small altercation between me and an older gentleman (late 70's) about who got the lounge chair first (the guy that got up from it gave it to me and I was putting my towel down right at the older gentleman was putting his bag down) Pretty funny! He found another one a minute later. Settle down! :)

People watching at the pool

Has anyone noticed how big Cheetos Cheese Puffs are now?

Dog food flying in the air while two Frenchies were fighting for it at once

Putting Marvin in time out

Watching the TV show Tosh.0 with Ellery (her laughing makes you laugh even harder)

Good times!!!

5 comments:

Ellery said...

LOVE that post and LOVED that trip!! I stayed up till 3am the night I got home telling Greg about our memorable moments ;) and watching Tosh.0! He loved it as I knew he would. Thanks so much for everything, can't wait till next time!!
I love cabanas!!!!!

stacie lewis said...

Ya what is it with the cheeto's?

Carly said...

We had so much fun this weekend!! I felt like i was on vacation too :).....You see those cabanas back there?!

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

what a fun weekend! :) i bet you get the best people watching in in Cali...one of my all time favorite past times! Ummmm....ice cream pedicures?!? im drooling thinking about my appointment Monday...now i just need to keep this little one in until than so i don't miss it!! :) good luck with your race you will do awesome!

心良 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.