Thursday, July 29, 2010

Aaaaah....just soaking in all that Cali has to offer......

First stop: Dog Beach of course!

Ever since our little flea situation I haven't really taken Marvin to the dog beach for awhile

I think Marvin soaks up what California has to offer more than us




Also I have not been taking Marvin to the dog beach because he was becoming a little naughty and started stealing other dogs tennis balls and not giving them back

So I bought this ball thrower and he loves it. Wish I would have bought this thing a year ago




I know, I know you can leave a comment about this if you feel like it's necessary


Cass took this picture in the middle of the night

He's a little spoiled


Next stop was the OC Fair

We decided to take a sky lift ride to take it all in and you would not believe how big the fair is



So I guess the small town "Vernal" girl came out of me (yes ok I was born there, I'm not ashamed of it anymore) because I wanted to eat everything, play every game, I thought even once I might want to try a carni ride!

I had to win my own big stuffed animal but thats ok

Who knew I was so good at throwing darts at balloons? Guess I could use it for back up if the day job doesn't work out



The food was craaaazy!

The first thing we did was start eating of course

If you can't make out what that is, it's two hot dogs and some chili cheese fries. I have no idea what Cassidy got! Ha!
Align Center


That is what I would like to call heaven and a stomach ache in a bowl.

Pretty much you name it there is chocolate on it in that bowl


The word in between chocolate and bacon would be covered! Only at a fair is this ok.


You name it they will fry it, also the only time it ok because it's at a fair


At least the sign is honest and a warning!


Now is the cute farm animals. Maddy (Cassidy's little sister) would have been in heaven!




One of the biggest pigs I have ever seen. This pic does not even give this pig justice.





This was Cass favorite thing. Pay a $1.00 and see the worlds tallest horse and steer!




"Ummmmm, Carly I think there is a bee in my Pina Colada! Oh never mind it's just my straw"!!!!

Next stop was going to Glen Ivy Springs Spa with my sis in law Carly

There was a little bee problem they were having and no one is really a fan of bees swarming while eating, drinking or just laying out

But we didn't let it put a damper on our spa day



So we weren't able to take pics of things we were doing while we were there so I stole some pics off the Internet

We got to put mud all over ourselves and then just bake in the sun


Then we went into this room called the Grotto where they paint warm lotion all over you and then you sit in this warm room and rub it into your skin


For the rest of the afternoon we just laid out on these floats and people watched

Best people watching ever. Especially the really grouchy lady that was pouting because she didn't have a float and got the manager and make a big scene about it!

Thank you Carly again for asking me to come with you. Had a blast!



Here is a little video of little piglets eating. The poor mom was just out!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I am glad to see you are having fun and enjoying life out there. Can't wait to see you next week.

stacie lewis said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

Ellery said...

i am shocked you put that picture up of marvin laying on your leg. you really need to wax ;)
loved the fair pictures!! wish i got to go to spa day!!!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Fun! I may have to visit Cali for a spa day.

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

what a blast! I bet people watching at the carnival was a good time! i LOVE people watching. that spa day looks like heaven! glad that you are having so much fun in Cali!
PS my eyebrows need you so bad! they are out of control ;)