Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Beautiful Bulldog results....

We woke up early to make Marvin look his best
Marvin is always up for a bath. He would take one everyday if he could.
I think the blow dryer was his favorite part of the whole day. When I stop he always scratches my arm for more, he loves to be warm!

The Judges! They were beauty queens. Two of my favorite parts of the day with these girls were:
1- Whenever a bulldog would shake his head drool and slobber would fly on them and they would jump back in disgust hmmm, "bulldog contest" bulldogs do not come with manners!
2- After about the 20th bulldog they stopped writing things on their clipboards hmmm, how do you know who was the cutest bulldog in the end if you stop taking notes?
It's the French Bulldogs turn after watching over 300 English bulldogs strut their stuff.
Waiting patiently and checking out the competition.
One last bathroom break before the big stage
There were so many dogs that people had to show their dog about every ten seconds.
It went by fast. We should have done a trick! Maybe the bunny beg that he does so well.
His fifteen minutes of fame on the red carpet!
Some of the competition. How are you supposed to win against a puppy!
I knew I should have dyed his gray spots black to make him look younger!
This was on of my favorites English bulldog. They said on the contest form that they don't "frown upon" dressing up your dog but they would rather have them without a costume. Some people have done this before because not only did they dress up their dog (one bulldog puppy was dressed up in a bikini) some people would make their dog do a trick. I wish I knew that there was evening gown and a talent show with this pageant! If we decide to do this again Marvin will be in a speedo and will perform some amazing tricks.
It was such a beautiful day and this pool was the "it" spot to be!

So the results: We don't know! For the people who know where the Riverwoods shopping mall in Provo, Utah is, imagine 1,000 people plus over 600 dogs crammed in that area! Plus all the people that go there to eat and shop it was mayhem. Everybody knows that bulldogs are "gassy" so imagine dealing with that too! It was a little disorganized and I don't think they imagined that many people and dogs showing up this year. It was so fun to see all the different bulldogs and also pugs and senior dogs (over 10 yrs old) had their own competition. We didn't stick around that much after we walked Marvin and realized that the Judges weren't really writing a whole lot down! We had fun but I think Marvin has retired his "Show dog" skills. He wasn't really being social with all the other dogs and I think he would have rather been at the dog beach. I will post the winners once I find out.

4 comments:

stacie lewis said...

What a rough life you lead....

Jamie said...

I bet you loved seeing all of the dogs. It looked like a fun, crazy day.

Elisa said...

lol. i love that you took him to this! If I took Jasper to a dog beauty contest, he would certainly not behave well! :)

Ellery said...

i bet it was fun to see all the other dogs!! so cute.
just a little worried you are going to turn into a pagent mom with my niece. haha joking. fun stuff. and marvin is number one by FAR in our book!! those dumb pagent girls couldn't tell a former show campion if he bit them in their skinny butt!!