Monday, March 22, 2010

What happened in California did not stay in California.......

My three best friends Ashlee, Shannon, Jenni came out to visit me and boy did we have some fun!
First stop off the plane was Beverly Hills where we got to go check out Damone Roberts brow bar and I was in heaven. Think of that one place that you have been dying to see and it would make your whole life wonderful, this was it for me.


This is Damone's actual work area where he has done tons of celebrity's eyebrows. I almost passed out!


Next stop, South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa. We shopped and shopped and that was just in H&M we didn't even get through the whole mall. This is us getting a 7 pm snack, don't even ask.

Somehow I talked Ashlee into getting her eyebrows threaded so I could see what it looked like. She was doing pretty good until they started to do her lip and then the flood gates opened up. They did an amazing job and I have no idea how they do it!

Next stop the Crab Cooker for dinner. Usually the Crab Cooker is really good but Jenni, Shannon and I got a small case of food poisoning but poor Shannon got the worst of it. Ashlee? Not one bit. Weird!

It's real! Creepy!

After the Crab Cooker we went over to the Cheesecake Factory for desert. Way to much food for one day.
After a good nights rest (and some stomach pains) we were off to Disneyland the next day. I have no idea what happened but it brought the school girls out of us and we had so much fun!


There is something so magical about Disneyland I love it!

First stop Thunder Mountain

That would be Jenni's second churro in a thirty minute span. WOW!


Splash Mountain, those are not my hands but it looks funny huh?

Space mountain, ignore the chins
Indiana Jones, one of the workers had them stop the ride for us so she could put her hat on Ashlee and take a picture. One of the other workers was not happy about this that's why we look so awkward.

Jungle book cruise


That explains it in a nutshell!



Matterhorn


Then the sugar kicked in from all the junk food and we started getting tired and goofy


Cant even explain this picture it's a total inside joke but hilarious that she agreed to do it walking down the street in Disneyland!

We probably could have been the only people that Disney security would have had to remove from the Happiest place on earth it got a little crazy!

After the sugar wore off and we crashed. The next day we went to the California Adventure side. Jenni and I had never been so we were so excited. First stop Tower of Terror.

I have no idea why I am covering my ears!


Yes we had our celebrity sighting. Rob Lowe. We just all thought "wow what a really hot old guy" until we realized who it was.
California Screamin, love Jenni's hair


Same ride just a little bit of a different reaction for me!

Align Center

Toy Story, where we got a little competitive with each other, but that's us.
What is is about Disneyland that you want to eat everything that they have. That's why my title is what happened in Cali did not stay there. It followed us home on our bum and hips!



The last day of the trip we decided to rent beach cruisers and hit the boardwalk, so much fun but I realized how out of shape I had really become.



And then of course the beach.


Then next day Jenni and Shannon flew back home and Ashlee and I drove back to Utah. I channeled my inner Truck Driver and drove the whole way and it only took us nine and half hours. That is good timing. Marvin was sure comfortable the whole way!

We had way to much fun and I'm so thankful for best friends I don't know what I would do without these girls. Here are some of my favorite highlights of the trip:

The lady dressed in all purple with a neckbrace
Discovering more H&M after already being there for two hours
Picking a new name for the GPS lady ( I guess mine was not nice)
Thinking the Jacket Shannon was putting on was something she was trying on and I was like no I don't like it and she let me know she wore it off the plane. Insert foot in mouth!
Ashlee's weird sneeze
T-Rex
Belly laughs
Four girls, one bathroom in the apartment
Cassidy trying to be non-existent the whole time (too much estrogen for him)
Watching guys stare at Jenni the whole time, entertaining
Grabbing onto legs on the Tower of Terror and then being embarrased
Rob Lowe smiling at Shannon, priceless
Showing the girls how to drive in California (I have turned pro)
And the cherry on the top would be Jenni buying the wrong plane ticket for her flight home there is not enough blog room for that story!

Good times!!!!!!

9 comments:

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

That looks like a BLAST!!! What a great girls trip. :) i love being able to act crazy and fun with the girls. i will be texting you soon for an appointment! I seriously can't wait!

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

ps since im a TOTAL space cadet my brows will be more than ready for you in April!

Jamie said...

I hope we have that much fun even with a three month old baby :)

T!FF said...

love it! you girls always have so much fun! all the pics make me want to go to disney land i haven't been since i was 5 or 6!

雅芳 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ellery said...

Those times are priceless. So glad you had such a fabulous weekend with you're friends. Nothing like great memories and being recharged!! Indi has been dying at your Disney photos :) And the fancy Brow Bar...bet you were in heaven :)
Fun pic!!
oh and i was jealous of all the yummy food!!
Can't wait till we can go out there with you guys!!!

JaMie HeApS said...

what a blast, you guys are so lucky to have each other. you must make it a yearly thing.

Hayley said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!! Those Disneyland pictures seriously made me want to go so bad! And the brow bar! How cool is that!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.