Friday, March 5, 2010

Weekend Update....

AND THE WINNERS ARE:

Winston 2yrs old
Napolean 10 months old

Yoshi 11 yrs old (senior dog competition)


Thurston Howl 2yrs old (pug competition)


Did you have to look twice? So did I while I was going through all the pictures to find the winners. My heart dropped when I saw this picture thinking there's Marvin! Then I noticed that was not his collar! Marvin has a twin. We never saw him though. Everybody has a twin so I guess dogs can have one too. Do you know who has the most twins? My father in-law Jerry. I guess they are everywhere. I wish I would have seen Marvin's twin there, I would have loved to get a picture of them together.


I LOVE LOVE LOVE cooking! I never got to enjoy it as much when I was living in Utah because by the time I got done with work it was the last thing I wanted to do. Plus Cassidy would travel so much I never really had to. Since I have had time here in California too cook I have been loving it. When Monday's come around I get so excited because I get to try new recipes out for the week. The rule is at our house, I cook Monday-Thursday and we go out to eat on the weekends. By the time the weekend comes I need a break from cooking so it's perfect. Also it saves us a lot of money and we eat healthier. This dinner was so pretty and yummy I had to take a picture! It's tortellini with a mushroom sauce, asparagus, and Parmesan garlic sourdough wheat bread. Cassidy loves when I cook. He tells me he misses me while I'm in Utah but I think he really misses the dinners.

So what's the forecast for California this weekend? What do you know its going to rain ALL weekend! I'm so bummed because the weekends are usually when Cassidy and I get to spend time together and do fun stuff. All I know is it better be good weather next weekend because my three best friends are coming out to visit.


We are going to see Alice in Wonderland tomorrow night and I am so excited. We are seeing it on the IMAX 3D screen. We saw Avatar that way and it was amazing. The ticket is ridiculously expensive but worth it if the movie is good. I am not going to post my opinion about the movie on here after I see it because I learned my lesson when I posted about the movie When in Rome.

HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND!

5 comments:

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

you are seriously the cutest mom, i consider you a mom already with Marvin!! You make me want a dog...some day! When i don't have little girls that would torture the poor puppy! :) Also....that food looks fantastic, you should email me or post the recipe! Im always looking for more healthy yummy meals to cook! I love cooking too!! :) I think we are really alike! When do you come to utah next? im saving my sad, poorly tweezed eyebrows for you for real this time!!! :)

Elisa said...

Oh it's sad that Marvin didn't win! But I'm so glad you're lovin the cookin! I'm the same way with my schedule. The days when I work, I don't cook. It' just too much! But then I enjoy making new stuff on the other days!

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

staceyroylance@gmail.com is my email. Thanks so much! and i will be calling or texting for an appointment i can't wait (and you will see my eyebrows need some serious lovin!!)

stacie lewis said...

Marvin was robbed! I hope he handles the disappointment well and doesn't go into a deep depression. The cooking looks good, maybe you could post the recipes on the things that turn out good!?

Ellery said...

i thought that was marvin too!! but the collar made me think twice! so cute, that would have been awesome to get their pics together.
im very impressed with chef nicole! that looked pretty professional! i get why cassidy's facebook profile picture looks the way it does :)

when is your next trip to utah?? i was looking closely at my skin this morning and mama needs a facial!!!