Just an update on Marvin
Forget bad and good days, I think it's more like good and bad hours
One hour he's super sleepy and slow, and then just barely he came sprinting from our entry way and tried to jump onto our couch
Of course I almost had an heart attack when he did this and it felt like I was in slow motion trying to jump up off the couch and catch him because he didn't quite make it onto the couch
A few bummers are that he's refusing to drink water and the Tumor is growing in a rapid pace. More then we wanted it too
The Internet has been my best friend lately
I looked up ways to get him to drink water. So I tried putting water in his bowl of eggs this morning. At first he was not to happy that his eggs were watered down. But he could not resist the eggs so he ate it all up including the water. Hopefully this will continue.
Dr. Tansey did inform us on Wednesday that if we did not do radiation treatments that the Tumor would get bigger. It would take a few months before the cancer would spread into his lungs and liver. Our fear is that the tumor will actually be uncomfortable for him soon before the cancer would spread. So we are going to monitor it and if we decide it's just too much for him we will make the decision to lay him to rest. (I don't like the saying "put him to sleep")
I'm having my good and bad hours too! I'm just grateful I have this time to spend with him.
I apologize that my blog post have been so depressing
I use this blog actually more for a journal then anything
It just helps me if I can write everything down
And if this can help anyone that is or will go through this that would be awesome
It's super ironic that it's Cancer Awareness month so the word Cancer is everywhere!
Never thought that word would ever be in my vocab about someone close to me
Hopefully it will be the last
Thank you again for all the phone calls, texts, and blog comments. We have the best family, friends, clients anyone can ask for!!!!
Love you all!!!!
4 comments:
So sorry Nicole! I haven't had many pets in my life but I know how much he means to you and my heart goes out to you! I will look forward to seeing you this next week and giving you a hug! My prayers are with you!
Katie
I just wanted to say I don't think your blog is depressing. It is honest and true and full of LOVE. It really helps me to look at things differently and to be so grateful for the health of my girls right now. You have such an amazing attitude and the love you have from Marvin is so clear and touching!! Really Marvin couldn't have had better parents. lots of love!
sorry cole, wish i was there to give you a big hug.
oh that makes me so sad. marvin's lucky to have such a good mom:)
Post a Comment