Thursday, October 7, 2010

Drum roll please.............................................

I'm back home in Cali

And.............

I've lost 7 POUNDS!!!!!!

It's been a little less than three weeks since I started the Paleo Diet/lifestyle change and I'm a believer!

I feel like I'm 20 yrs old

I have sooooo much energy all day, I feel good, especially after I eat a meal I don't feel to full or sick to my stomach

My goal was to at least lose the ten pounds I had gained recently and then there was these five pounds that always kinda lingered but I was sorta ok with so if those decide to leave I wouldn't be so sad about that

I'm so excited to see trainer Jeff tomorrow to show him my results and have him read my food journal I had to keep while I was in Utah

If anyone is debating on starting a lifestyle change let me just say this: it's easier then you think, just do it, it's amazing that no matter where you go to eat you have more options then you probably think there would be.

And you will feel amazing!

(this is not how I was weighing myself by the way)


So I think I'm really getting used to this traveling back and forth to Utah thing that I do.

Why?

Because I don't feel like I need a Mental Health day as much when I get back

Knock on wood!
*********

So as usual I was trying to fit in a million things and work while I was in Utah

First stop:

La Jolla Groves with Shannon and Ashlee

Shannon didn't want her pic taken cause she thought she didn't look good! Ha!

It was our ritual dinner before the Dirty Dash

(Dirty Dash pics below on another post)

Have you eaten there yet?

Well if you haven't go tonight

It's wonderful

It's located in the Riverwoods Shops across from Happy Sumo in Provo

The food was amazing, the service was excellent, and the wait was not bad at all for a weekend night in Provo

And it was very Paleo Diet friendly

I loved it so much that I took my parents there last weekend for dinner

They loved it!


I loved the lemon trees inside. Very cool!


I had the mushroom soup that they claim does not have any dairy in it, excellent. I also got the Lemon Chicken with butternut squash and asparagus. It usually comes with mashed potatoes but I had to forgo those because of the diet and they gave me extra veggies. It was delicious. When I went with my parents I got the Beef Tenderloin and mushroom soup again of course. I also ordered some stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer but quickly found out when they came they were fried :( I tried one anyway and it was really good but would be a better fit on my cheat day! The beef tenderloin was amazing!

This is one of my new favorite restaurant in Provo and I will be back!!! Many times.


After we ate and while we were ready to leave we discovered that Ashlee's battery died

My father in law Jerry was nice enough to let us borrow his jumper cables

Wish someone was recording us doing this because it was pretty comical

Three girls trying to jump a car and Ashlee giving me the cables while putting the first set on Shannon's car and telling me not to move or let them touch?

TROUBLE!!!!!



Next stop:

Bridget's (my niece) first birthday!

I feel like I can totally relate in this pic of her

That's exactly what my face looked like on my 3oth birthday!




That would be my "hurry and take the picture before she screams face"! Beautiful I know.

Have you ever met someone so amazingly photogenic?


My little niece Ashlin is in this phase where she adores me and wants to do everything I do and be just like me. I asked her what she was going to be for Halloween the other day and she told me "A Aunt Nicole"! The other day my sister told me while they were in the car Ashlin said "I'm a young version of Aunt Nicole"! It make me laugh. Every time I see her she disappears and shows up with her hair exactly like the way I styled it for the day. It also makes me realize I have to be a good example because she is watching my every move! That's scary!


Next stop:

I have a new niece! Her name is Haylie Stokes.

I wasn't able to go up to West Jordan to see her because I was slammed at work but next time I'm in town I will for sure get too!
.

Next stop:

Sleep over with the nieces!

Last Saturday night I had my nieces Jensen and Ashlin over at my parents house for a sleep over that they have been begging me for every time I come into town

No I have not become a sister wife, Jensen wanted to french braid my hair really bad and take a pic for my blog

Then she wanted me to wear it like that to Walmart when we went to pick up some Halloween movies to watch that night

I might have worn a hat :)




The next day I had been dying to see the fall leaves up the canyon so I took the girls and of course my parents dog Jackson to South Fork to look at the beautiful fall leaves

I let the girls take the pics

After going through about 50 that had been taken, these were the ones I loved

They actually did a good job taking pics







I love that they got a pic of one of my brother in laws (Greg) Porta Potty's

You will recognize these also all over I-15

I'm always so proud of him when I see one of these

Way to go Greg!













After that we decided to decorate my parents house for Halloween

I love Halloween

I miss decorating our condo in Utah

It's just not the same when you are in a apartment :(



Why the band aid?

I decided to get a flu shot. Some of my family members and a lot of clients were and are sick so I didn't want to chance it because I really don't get a "sick day" when I am in town working!


That night we picked out our family name for Christmas and I got to spend some time with my nephew Brayden

I can't believe how big he gets every time I see him

His new favorite thing is clapping his hands when you sing patty cake

It doesn't matter what he is doing as soon as you sing that out loud he automatilcally starts clapping his hands!



I'm only in town for two weeks and then I am back to Utah for Platinum Studio's salon annual Halloween party (and to work) so of course I have to participate since I am the 4 yr champ in best costume

Wait until you see what I am going to be this year!

Well these next two weeks are going to be crazy because:

We have two special guests coming out next week to stay with us for a few days
Why is it a secret?
Because everybody knows everybody and it's a secret why they are coming out so I don't want to ruin the surprise but of course I will blog about it when I can!

Cassidy's old racing buddy Chris Fillmore is coming out to move in with us for a few months
He still races motorcycles and its his off season and he will be working at Troy Lee's new clothing shop in Costa Mesa for the winter
We are excited to have him stay with us!

So I have to clean clean clean!

I also want to hit up Disneyland before I head back to Utah for their Halloween decor

I love that place during Halloween it's so much fun!

Well we don't have any big plans for this weekend

Hope you have a faboulous weekend!


Brayden doing patty cake but of course doesn't want to do it while being recorded!
Also going through my phone and finding out the Jensen secretly recorded stuff on my phone!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Always a great time!!