
I would say I was pretty active back home. I did some 5k's, 10k's, 1/2 marathon, and don't forget the sprint triathlon. So when I moved here I was thinking great I will keep up with it. Maybe run on the beach, try out the fitness facility at our apartment, try the free pilates and yoga classes they offer at our apartment, bike ride with Cassidy. Then I realized I am a social exerciser (probably not a word but who cares). I have no ambition to work out by myself. So do you think I have done one thing? Nope! I freaking live across the street from a restaurant called Islands Burgers and fries and it's killing me how good it is. The other day I was driving in my car to probably find somewhere to eat and I could feel my stomach hanging slightly over my jeans. Ok maybe a lot and that's when I thought enough is enough. Today me and Marvin went running on the dog beach together. I swear he was smiling he was so happy. People were laughing at him running next to me. We made it almost a mile when we had to turn around so he wouldn't die. Hey I even got a wink from a surfer walking by (or he had sand in his eye) and I was like yeah I still got it! :) My goal is to do this twice a week and work my way up! I will keep you posted.
3 comments:
you can do it! you are so funny-- i know what you mean though it's always easier to work out with someone else. ;-) i bet marvin was in heaven!
So what was better the wink or getting out of the house?
Can I say both!
Post a Comment