Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lets just say I'm more of a cook than a baker!

I cannot bake for the life of me. If I had a dime for every time I heard two things while I was in Utah last week I would be rich:

1- "Have you made any friends or met your neighbors out there"?

2-"When are you going to start making babies"?


So today I decided to attempt to make friends/meet neighbor's by making them some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. It did not go so well the first few batches. The gas stove that came with the apartment and I have not got along since I moved in here. Finally I figured it out and made one good batch. I will let you know what the response was and if I will make a friend out of it or if I will be the neighbor that can't bake! Oh and about the baby question. How would you like to be known as the "California Baby"? "Sorry dear, mom was just really bored in California and decided why not I need the company"! All in good time people. :) Remember how excited you were when you found out Cassidy and I were finally getting married? It will be like that all over again. If how I am going to be as a parent reflects how I bake it's probably a good thing I hold off for awhile.

Marvin showed me another new trick he discovered while I was in Utah. Double timing the couch pillows. If anyone owns a gas stove and has some tricks on how to use it please leave a comment. I need all the help I can get or I will never have friends.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Awesome Nic! lol. Save me that really burnt one!

Ellery said...

LOL
nicole, go to a cute bakery, make a purchase, and who knows...maybe you will make a friend! :)

what about the surfer?? ;)