Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Grab a snack this might take awhile!

I'm back. Boy did I fit in a lot of activities in ten days plus work. First stop, straight from the airport to my sisters Jamie baby shower. So many cute boy things that you can get now. She only has nine more weeks weeks to go.
Next stop, work where we decided to take out my extensions (they were not looking so good in Cali with the humidity) and then colored it a little darker for fall. After that straight to dinner with my friends. We ate at the new restaurant in Provo called Communal. Love it Love it! So good. They are the same owners of Pizzeria 712 which is in Orem. If you have not tried any of these restaurants I highly recommend both.

Next day my nephews Cameron and Jayse family birthday party. I could not wait to hold my new niece Bridget. She is so cute and so much hair.

I got Cameron this Thomas the Tank pop up play hut and it was a big hit with the kids. I found it on Walmart.com if you are looking for play huts.
I got Jayse these little cars and tow truck and he loved them.
My mom found this teddy bear to give to Jayse and it was so funny he just kept hugging it. So cute.
I love Halloween! I was so excited to go to our annual Platinum Studio Salon party. There was a lot of pressure this year to keep the tradition going of winning best costume or best catwalk this year. I went as Shamu and my partner was Ashlee and she came as my obese challenged Sea World whale trainer. We rocked the catwalk and won. I would have not won it without Ashlee she was awesome.

Ashlee stayed in character pretty much the whole night.
Jenni and Scuba Jim. They went as Princess Buttercup and Wesley from Princess Bride.
Just when we were ready to head out and call it night we discovered that it was Karaoke night ( at Pirate Island Pizza) and Jenni bet Ashlee and I twenty dollars that we wouldn't get up there and sing and boy did we prove her wrong. There is a tiny preview of what went on down below on the bottom of this post. It got a little out of control and was so fun. We have videotape of our catwalk and Karaoke singing and as soon as I get a hold of it I will post it. It's pretty entertaining.
The one event I was a little weary about was the Halloween Fun Run 5k. If you have kept up with the posts you have probably read that I have not been very "active" since I moved to California. I was feeling pretty good the first two miles and had to push the third. I did it in 29 minutes which was better than I thought I would do. After the race we headed over to our favorite sushi place Shoga next to Outback in Orem. If you love sushi you have to try this place out. So good!
Last stop, carving pumpkins at my sisters house. I carved a dogs face and then I thought it kinda looks like Marvin. Yep just crossed that fine line of crazy dog owner.


Bless Jamie's heart. Everybody knows you loose a few brain cells while pregnant and there were a few missing while she was cutting the top off her pumpkin. She was cutting a little to much at an angle and this happened. Pretty funny.
This is Tahoe Jamie's dog peeking out the window while we were lighting our pumpkins.
The final products. Spooky! Nothing smells better to me than a lit pumpkin.
Ten days flew by so fast. I was not as exhausted coming home as much as I was last time. It was nice to have a couple of days to rest while I was there. Then on my way to the airport this morning it snowed! We waited for the plane for twenty minutes and then sat on the plane for another thirty minutes. It felt good to walk off the plane in Cali to sixty five degree weather. I really don't think I am going to miss the winter. It was so fun to see my family and friends again and can't wait to come out for Thanksgiving.

Can you believe I have not had one singing lesson!

I FORGOT TO POST THAT I STOPPED BY THE ANDERSON'S HOUSE FOR JUST A LITTLE BIT. I WISH I COULD HAVE STAYED LONGER BUT WAS NOT ABLE TO. WHEN I HUGGED ELLERY IT MADE ME WANT TO MOVE RIGHT BACK TO UTAH I MISS HER SO MUCH! ;)

8 comments:

Ellery said...

UMMMMM WE FEEL SPECIAL. NOT ONE COMMENT ON VISITING US. HMMM. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TAKE THIS. WE ARE YOUR FAMILY YA KNOW.
WELL WHAT EV!!
HOPE THE NEXT TIME YOU COME YOU LIKE US ENOUGH TO REMEMBER COMING TO SEE US FOR 5 MINUTES!!!
I AM STARTING TO JUST MISS CASSIDY AND MARVIN.
I'VE SAID ENOUGH....WAIT. WITH ALL THIS EXTRA TIME ON YOUR HANDS....MAKE A BABY!!!!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Will you give me singing lessons? Your pumpkin carving skills are so impressive. It was good to see you this past weekend.

Anonymous said...

That post was incredible!! haha you are the best at halloween! It brings some crazy person out in you! haha

Ellery said...

OHHHHH I REALLY MISS YOU TOO, not just cass and marv :) I miss you guys tons in fact, that's what prompted my comment. Hope to see you back again here soon or even better at your place in Cali!!
Love you guys!
Ellery

Jamie said...

Had a great visit with you. It is always fun to see what your pumpkin is going to look like. Maybe next year I will be better at carving my own.

stacie lewis said...

Is that costume a giant onesie??

stacie lewis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brittaniemarie said...

Nicole, I love your blog! And I absolutely loved your costume! So glad that you won again. Hope you're enjoying your nice warm weather... It started snowing again this morning. I'm so sick of the snow already!

I'm excited to have another blogger to follow! I'll have to be more diligent in keeping mine up!