This week has been the hardest week for me since I have moved here. After working so hard the week I was in Utah and the feeling of accomplishment, everyday I found myself frustrated, bored and bitter this week. By the time Friday night had rolled around I had so many things whirling around in my head. Poor Cassidy and Marvin last night they sure did have to deal with a very grouchy girl. I miss my family and friends so much. I miss familiar faces when going somewhere, anywhere. I miss going to Tai pan once a month with my sister Jamie, taking my nieces and nephews to the newest cartoon movie that is playing. I miss working out with my friends mainly just gossiping and if we got a workout in that would be a bonus. Sometimes I actually miss the stressful days of work and walking in the door at home and being thankful I was done. There are a millions things I miss and I could post them but I don't think there is enough room. Anyway to get to the reason I did this post was because I had an aha moment. Cassidy went to watch the USC college football game tonight and so I was all alone. My goal was actually to watch the game on t.v. maybe to get a glimpse of Cass and have a conversation piece when he got back (and really what else would I do I was so grouchy). I remembered about my friend telling me about the Nie Nie blog. So I read her blog tonight. Three hours went by like it was ten minutes! It made me realize what was I thinking sitting here feeling bitter. After reading this woman's story I had my aha moment. If you have a chance please, please read it. I put her on my blog list because she updates it. I feel like if maybe I have another day like yesterday I can read her positive blog and it will remind me about staying positive!
Saturday, October 3, 2009
My aha moment tonight!
This week has been the hardest week for me since I have moved here. After working so hard the week I was in Utah and the feeling of accomplishment, everyday I found myself frustrated, bored and bitter this week. By the time Friday night had rolled around I had so many things whirling around in my head. Poor Cassidy and Marvin last night they sure did have to deal with a very grouchy girl. I miss my family and friends so much. I miss familiar faces when going somewhere, anywhere. I miss going to Tai pan once a month with my sister Jamie, taking my nieces and nephews to the newest cartoon movie that is playing. I miss working out with my friends mainly just gossiping and if we got a workout in that would be a bonus. Sometimes I actually miss the stressful days of work and walking in the door at home and being thankful I was done. There are a millions things I miss and I could post them but I don't think there is enough room. Anyway to get to the reason I did this post was because I had an aha moment. Cassidy went to watch the USC college football game tonight and so I was all alone. My goal was actually to watch the game on t.v. maybe to get a glimpse of Cass and have a conversation piece when he got back (and really what else would I do I was so grouchy). I remembered about my friend telling me about the Nie Nie blog. So I read her blog tonight. Three hours went by like it was ten minutes! It made me realize what was I thinking sitting here feeling bitter. After reading this woman's story I had my aha moment. If you have a chance please, please read it. I put her on my blog list because she updates it. I feel like if maybe I have another day like yesterday I can read her positive blog and it will remind me about staying positive!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love it! We miss you too, but distance makes the hard grow fonder, right? Life is always better when we keep it in perspective. :)
Oh my gosh! I found her blog this week too! She is amazing and totally gives you a new perspective on life huh? I have been talking about her story to everyone :) it makes everyday seem just a little bit easier to get out of bed.
Nicole im so glad you found her blog. Last year when she got in her accident i started reading her sisters blog who then took on being the mother of her sisters four kids while she slept in a comma. For the past few months i've been reading her blog since she has been up and writing again. I read her everyday...oh and she is totally going to be on oprah. (did you read the post about how she went to chicago and met a celebrity?) anyway...i love her blog. So amazing.
i will check it out. her story broke my heart so much I have had a hard time actually reading about her but you changed my mind. she seems to be an unbelievable person. and someone to help us keep things in perspective. i am also almost positive my mom and i ran into her a few weeks ago.
Post a Comment