Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Stay at home mom to dog turns into Mac Notebook technical genius!


Yes that's right a little pat on the back for me! I woke up the other day to a stepped on charger for my laptop (it's ok Cassidy I know it was an a accident). I called Cassidy and he told me to just go buy a new one. Once I found out they were eighty dollars I was like ya right I will fix it on my own. I tried to fix it and tried to plug it in and accidentally shifted something inside the hole where the charger goes. Not knowing this I went and bought a new charger because there was no way it was going to work.

I went to the Apple store bought a charger brought it home and of course it doesn't work. I was so frustrated and realized I must have shifted something. So today I went back to the Apple store to see if they could fix it. They told me I needed an appointment and that it would probably take five to ten days to fix. Not going to work because I am leaving back to Utah this weekend and I need it. So I made an appointment and they gave me a name of a place that would probably fix it in three days for me. I went to that place and they quoted me THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS to fix it! Are you kidding me Cassidy bought this thing from a friend for five hundred.

I was so frustrated I went home and thought I could do this for free. So I stuck my tweezers in the hole and did a little bit of this and a little bit of that and I got it to work! I called the Apple store to cancel my appointment and they couldn't believe I fixed it by myself and I was like that's right I am a stay at home mom to my dog too! ( I really didn't say that ) :)

2 comments:

ruthie said...

That was a close one... how would you keep up with all the "blogs"...? :)

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

You look so happy!! Im very happy for you :) way to go fixing the computer, 300 bucks what a rip off!! Maybe you did learn something from Orem high after all? ha ha